Monday, October 08, 2007

I'm a Blogger!

I am so excited to be blogging with my sister, Linda! I have wanted to blog forever, but have felt rather intimidated by the whole process. I love reading other people's blogs, but have been afraid to commit to my own. When Linda said we could do it together, I thought, "Yeah!" Now, it's half the work and twice the fun! My kind of activity!

The best part about this blog for me is that I get to read what Linda is writing. As you've probably already figured out, she is just about the funniest person you will ever meet. She can make me laugh like nobody else. You know that kind of laughing where you are spraying milk out of your nose and running to the bathroom? Ever since we were little she has made me laugh like that - which is why we talk on the phone just about every day. I need my medicinal fix of laughter!

On the personal front, I am a stay-at-home mother of twin boys. While they are sleeping, or at school, I am running. And running. And running. I run so much because I am an ultrarunner, someone who runs distances greater than the marathon. I personally like to run distances greater than 100 miles because... well, I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe this blog will help me get to the bottom of it! Right now I'm training for the National 24 Hour Championships - Ultracentric- taking place in Grapevine, Texas next month. I hope to exceed my personal best of 118.25 miles in 24 hours. And not die. If the blog disappears after mid-November, you will know why :)

No comments: