Sunday, October 07, 2007

Hold On Loosely, But Don't Let Go (by 38 Special)

I have this thing with control. A real love-hate relationship with it. What I don't know is if it's a good thing, or if it's bad. For everyone who needs control, I hear the scoffs of: "Of course it's good, even necessary in this world." But I also hear the people who prefer less manhandling in life, saying: "Quit fooling yourself. You may think you have control, but hello, you don't." (Note to self aka Sybil: Perhaps you should be more concerned about the two voices in your head than your control issues.) The point is, for the next 6 months (or whoever knows how long) I simply want to live....run, read, and write.....and then talk about it here. Maybe it will keep me conscious. Maybe it will simply be fun. Maybe it will be a huge disaster. (Hence the no guarantees on the time line.) But the long and short of it is, this is my attempt to hold on loosely without having to let go. Then see what happens.....

No comments: