Saturday, October 20, 2007

All You Need is . . . a Cupcake!

I am now calling for a cupcake throwdown with my sister. As I have said before, Linda has been blessed to live in the land of cupcakes. Seriously, there is a cupcakery on every corner in Manhattan. In El Paso, none. Until now. As I reported yesterday, I saw that a cupcake shop opened right by my house! Yeah! So, my kids and I moseyed over to CupcakesandCookiesbyT.com and bought 5 cupcakes. Oh. My. Gosh. I challenge my newfound cupcakery to any bakery in NYC. Yes, Linda, El Paso now has fabulous cupcakes.

I just finished eating a chocolate with buttercream icing and am truly in heaven. As soon as I figure out how to post photos, I will take a picture (oops, I guess that means I have to go buy another chocolate cupcake!) and show you how scrumptious it was. Moist, chocolatey goodness topped with the lightest, fluffiest buttercream icing I have ever put in my mouth. Mmmmm. Next, I plan to try the Yin Yang cupcake, a swirling concoction of chocolate and vanilla cake with complementary icing. I think I'll give myself a rest, though. Like maybe 5 minutes. Don't want to rush it.

Now, on to running. Funny that my portion of the blog is supposed to contain a ton of information about running but I seem to spend an awful lot of time talking about food . I had a verrrrrrrrry intense deep tissue massage from Frank last night, so I ran verrrrrrrry gingerly this morning. As my friend Enrique says, Frank has magic hands, but he causes a lot of pain. And I have found that if he really works me over, I have to be careful the next day or I will have problems for several days after. I have a chronic back problem, plus the usual high mileage aches and pains. Frank keeps me fresh and able to run without significant injuries (knock wood), but sometimes the cure feels worse than the problem! Tomorrow I'm scheduled to run long with a woman training for her first marathon in over 10 years, so I'm looking forward to a fun run. I love running with new people. The miles fly by because you get to learn so many new things about someone.

Okay, I hate to rush off, but a cupcake is calling me!

No comments: