Friday, April 02, 2010

The point is to live everything - Rainer Maria Rilke


What a week! Crazy! But, oh so much fun! I told you about the boys getting braces - yikes! They were so excited about them, until they actually got them :) We have spent the last few days trying to find food that will fill up two teenage boys and not kill their teeth. It has been tough, but things are looking up. Yeah!

I've had some great runs this week, including a nice 15 miler yesterday morning followed by 5 miler in the afternoon. I don't usually do 15 at one time (unless it is a planned long run), but I slept in and needed to get the miles done. I was taking my wonderful mom out to lunch, and didn't want to have mileage hanging over my head. She has always been a solid support in my life and spending time with her has always been one of my favorite things. We went to Ripe and had Tortilla Soup, Cranberry Turkey Sandwiches, and Mediterranean Salads. Yum! Loved it!

Today, I woke up early (like 2 a.m. early - Hello!) and couldn't go back to sleep. I finally just got up at 4:00 and got on the treadmill, then went and met the group, giving me 12 for the morning. Another 8 later gave me my (OCD) 20, and all is right with the world :) Have I mentioned that I love to run? Funny, but my mom and I were talking about how, when I was little, I would spend hours working on the perfect back flip or cartwheel, etc. Because it was the '70's, she didn't worry (thankfully). Today, I'm sure they would have medicated me :)

Anyway, tomorrow morning, I'm meeting a great guy who is going to take pictures for my new website! Yeah! RunnerSusan is designing it for me (I've been a fan of her work and blog for a long time), but I didn't have any great photos. I never order photos and no one ever takes pictures of me, so I'm doing it tomorrow. Please stay posted to see the new and improved site. Because of my coaching, I needed something a little more informative and accessible than the blog. Susan is going to incorporate the blog into a bigger site so that I can include the coaching info.

Okay, Pizza Night at the Johnson Household. Hopefully, it will be soft enough to eat!

Happy Running!

4 comments:

SteveQ said...

Wednesday I said I'm thinking about nationals. Today I tore my achilles. So it goes...

Carilyn said...

I sent you a comment. I really think you are going to be fine. I freaked, then calmed down, found a good doc, stayed active (with the cast on), and ran Worlds 6 months later. Andy Holak gave me some great recovery exercises that really helped. Let me know.

SteveQ said...

Thanks for the comment - turns out it's the soleus muscle and not the achilles I tore (I really should wait before I teel people stuff like that). Small world, though; since Andy turned 40, he's ruining my chances to win anything here!

annette bednosky said...

Hello Amazing woman! Me and "Papa Giorgio wish everyone in your family well! It is funny, ever since our time in Italy, my pet name for George has become "Giorgio" and we both love it!
Italy last year was one of the highlights of my adult life! I loved spending time with you and your family and watching Tim and Georgio and your boys tote much water around. And the race was amazing. I really like the 24 hour and am considering either North Coast in Sept or the other in AZ on New Years...so much depends on what happens with team selection for IAU 100k. I really want to do that this year!...Yet alas, i am greedy. I am happy to be healthy and Georgio too! HOW are? Please email me if you like at annettebednosky@gmail.com so we can catch up some more an compare notes for future opportunities to again be teammates!