Monday, February 11, 2008

Cooties - Ack!

Okay, so I got a little cocky, had a cough and ignored it for a week, and...well, you guessed the rest. I was down for the count all weekend. I went to bed Friday at 7:45 and stayed there until Sunday evening at 5:00 when I roused myself out of bed to go out to dinner when my husband threatened to feed my kids Ding Dongs for dinner (for the second time). My time in bed was uneventful, but you weren't kidding, Ronda, t.v. is terrible. I kept turning it off because I thought that might be what was making me feel so lousy :) But no, I had the full-on respiratory thing going. Hack, hack, snort, snort. Everyone in the house avoiding me. My kids calling me Typhoid Mary. It was not pretty.

Finally, this morning I felt almost human, but I was afraid to tempt fate, so I didn't get up to run. I still have a little lingering congestion and I don't want it to turn into something requiring antibiotics, so I am trying to be patient (he he). I hope to resume running tomorrow, but I will take another day if necessary to make sure I kick this thing.

So, based on the above description, I have no running (or weight lifting, or Pilates, or anything else physical) to report. But if anyone is interested, I did watch the entire third season of Weeds on Showtime On Demand yesterday (I had missed the second season, so I had a little catching up to do). I also read much of Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth" (pretty interesting - didn't really care for "The Power of Now"), started "The Thing About Life is That One Day You'll Be Dead," by David Shields (so far, so good), and watched most of Fred MacMurray in "The Absent Minded Professor" before I fell asleep for one of many naps. I tried to follow the latest in the presidential candidate news, but fell asleep again, and when I awoke, found that my husband had brought me four slammin' chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream icing from my favorite cupcake store. When faced with the choice of politics or cupcakes, I had to choose cupcakes :)

Based on reading my some of my favorite bloggers, I've seen that many of you are sick, too. I'm really sorry! It is a total drag, but better now than later. We've got some running to do!

Stay well!

5 comments:

Ronda said...

Yes! Daytime TV is the worst. When I flipped through the channels and saw "Days of our lives" and Bo and Hope looked the same as they did when I was in highschool I thought I must be going crazy!

Every time I see a cupcake now it makes me think of you, they are yummy! Get well!

Bev said...

Hope you didn't catch that crud from visiting my blog! Take care.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

ok I am here quick...so not to get sick :-) I can't hang around today.

Get better soooon !!!


byeeeeeeeeeeee

Olga said...

I hope it doesn't go over internet...although it seems like it does, since all of you gals and boys are sick! Drink warm, cuddle and sleep. Sometimes I think I might use some real sick time, not one when I still push myself out the door, but when I am bed-ridden at the hospital...slowing down is not that bad after all. But you should get back on track, it's time!

onepinkfuzzy said...

what a fun 20 miler! i like the idea of stopping and getting "real" food.