Thursday, February 04, 2010



Fill your thoughts with what you want to create, and will have it. - Sanaya Roman



Okay, so obviously my thoughts have been on food, because it keeps appearing in my kitchen! I love to cook, but I have decided to try some new things for a couple of reasons:

1) I saw an Oprah episode where the guest basically said, "Eat whatever you want as long as you make it yourself." Makes total sense, because I don't know about you, but I don't have any sodium polyglutisorbinate in my cupboard! He claimed that all of our current ills (obesity, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc.) are a direct result of all the chemicals in our food - not the fat, sugar, etc. I agree. As runners, we know that we need sugar and fat. I really try not to limit any food group, but rather, eat everything in moderation according to what I am craving. I figure my body knows what it needs (and yes, I do crave vegetables!).

2) Because my mileage is still lower than normal while I am ramping back up, I have extra time. When I'm really training hard, I find that I don't have the time, energy, or patience to make complicated dishes. So, I realized, now's my chance.


Gatueax du Citron from Orangette - Molly Wizenberg

The only sad part about my whole little experiment is that it has rained all week - in El Paso! - so that we couldn't sit outside and enjoy any of the food.

Look how gray it is, and this is the Sun City!


Anyway, I hope to keep posting food items here, but no promises after I start training again! After all, this is supposed to be a (sort of) running blog!


Happy Running!











2 comments:

Olga said...

You are back, and your blog is new-looking! Looked over all the (food) posts:) On motivational front - evry year I promise to myself to do something new for excitement, and every year I stick with trail ultras - first of, they take a lot of time to train for and squeeze another plan is nearly impossible, second, I really like it and my friends out there. I did try 24hr event last year - and even was ok with it (not thrilled, but not hated, although stopped at 65M because of injury developing). For this year I have a goal of running a 5k, 10k and a marathon...hmm, that's a lot of speed for me, hard to imagine these days, lol! I also keep thinking about body figure comp as Ronda did, because I put muscle so easily, but I am really not looking forward to chopping out foods. I suck at following specific diets. So, one day, not this year? If somebody pays for me? :)
Come over and play with us on the rocks here!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Good job on the cooking front, way healthy to make it ... i just have to get better at portion size :-) maybe need to find some smaller plates - lol

Keep ramping up those miles!!!